Enterprise 11: Auto Login
- Mis à jour : 2022/08/08
Enterprise 11: Auto Login
Use the Auto Login option to run tasks on unattended machines.
The Auto Login functionality enables a bot to automatically log on to a machine, run a scheduled automation task, and restore the machine to its original locked or logged off state after completing the task. Running the automated tasks on unattended machines helps you achieve optimum utilization of the Bot Runner and less idle time.
Use the Auto Login option to:
- Schedule a task
- Run reports
- Run workflows
- Trigger an automation task
Auto Login restores a machine to its original state in the following scenarios:
- When a task is stopped or paused either from the Enterprise Client or Control Room. This ensure that the security of the machine is not
compromised when the task is paused or stopped. Note: When the task resumes, it continues to run in the background on the locked machine.
- When a task encounters an error during execution.
Some operating systems display a legal or privacy notice that requires a user response every time users log in. If your bot runs on one of these systems, ensure the Bypass Legal Disclaimer option is selected when you set up the Auto Login option for the bot.
- Enable retry for Auto Login by defining the following setting in the
AA.Settings.xml file in the Enterprise Client application
path. Specify a value for the
retrycounttag for the number of times the retry will be attempted. For example, if you configure the value of the
retrycounttag as 3, Auto Login will attempt to log in 3 times.
<Main> <options> <autologin> <retrycount>3</retrycount> </autologin> </options> </Main>
You can set any value for the number of retry attempts. Each retry attempt takes the amount of time set in the
timeouttag for Auto Login. For example, if
retrycountis set as 3 and
timeoutis set as 60, Auto Login retries 3 times and each retry attempt takes 60 seconds. Therefore, the total time taken is 3 x 60 = 180 seconds. Set the value for the
retrycountaccordingly based on your requirement.
- Enable the advanced legal disclaimer bypass logic by defining the following setting
in the Automation.Autologin.Settings.xml file. This file is
located in the SYSTEM folder in the public documents available in the common
<Settings> <enableadvancedlegaldisclaimerbypass>True</enableadvancedlegaldisclaimerbypass> </Settings>
Ensure this setting is defined in the Automation.Autologin.Settings.xml file located in the SYSTEM folder only.
- If the external key vault is disabled, the login credential fields are enabled and you can manually enter the username and password.
- If the external key vault is enabled without a strict retrieval policy, the login credential fields are enabled and you can manually enter the username and password.
- If the external key vault is enabled with a strict retrieval policy, the login credential fields are disabled, and the credentials must be retrieved from the external key vault only.
- If the administrator makes any changes to the external key vault configuration while you are logged in to the Enterprise Client and if you change the auto login settings, a message is displayed stating that a relogin is required due changes in the Control Room.
You can find more information about Auto Login in the following articles:
- Best practices to set up Auto Login feature (A-People login required)
- How to troubleshoot Auto Login issues (A-People login required)
Black screenshot while running the bot in unattended mode (A-People login required)
See this article if you encounter an error with a black screenshot when using commands such as Object Cloning, Image Recognition, keystrokes in unattended mode when Auto Login is enabled.