Replace task steps with a MetaBot
Use MetaBots to encapsulate assets and logic to do common processes and tasks. MetaBots are reusable by other bots, allowing Bot developers to create a library of MetaBots for reuse.
- The Import data to a MetaBot task must be completed successfully before you can complete this task.
Important: Verify that MyFirstTaskBot.atmx is complete and fully functional.
- Navigate to the main screen of the Automation Anywhere Enterprise Client where the Task Bot was created in Build a basic bot using the Enterprise Client.
- Open the Task Bot MyFirstTaskBot.atmx.
- Disable or delete all the " Set text `Filedata Column. . . " rows.
- Click the MetaBot tab.
Drag and drop the
AddNewUsers.mbot between Start Loop and
A window titled MetaBot opens with a list of the Input Parameters created in the Logic for this MetaBot.
Click the Value field next to the
- Press F2.
- In the list of variables, select the Fielddata Column.
- Click Insert.
Clear the Column Number / Select Variable field
and type the appropriate column number for each parameter.
- Column 1 =
- Column 2 =
- Column 3 =
- Column 4 =
- Column 5 =
- Column 6 =
- Column 7 =
- Column 1 =
- Click the Value field next to the
- Click Save.
- In the Workbench menu ribbon, click Save.