Add nodes in cluster setup
As a RPA platform administrator, to manage and maintain the cluster nodes, you can add one or more nodes in the existing cluster.
Ensure the following:
- Verify Automation 360 On-Premises先決條件.
- All primary nodes and databases have backup in place.
- You have administrator/root privileges on the Control Room servers. The administrator must be familiar with Control Room custom mode installations and all configuration settings.
- You must have the IP addresses of all cluster member network interfaces used for
Elasticsearch communications.註: The Control Room servers can have multiple network interfaces. The server IP addresses must be statically assigned and cannot use the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- If any external load-balancers are used in the environment, update them with information from the new server nodes.
Adding the nodes in the existing cluster helps you to perform cluster maintenance or to upgrade the nodes in the cluster from an older configuration to a newer version. This task involves the addition of Control Room cluster nodes, changing of cluster node IP address, and monitoring the health of the underlying cluster services.
You can add one or more nodes in an existing cluster set-up. This task describes about the scenario to add three new nodes in an existing three node cluster. Three nodes is the minimal number of nodes supported within a Control Room cluster. Each node in the cluster synchronizes with each other over the local network. All nodes in the cluster connects to the same database. Follow the steps to add three new nodes (N4, N5, and N6) to an existing three nodes (N1, N2, and N3) cluster.
On the first new node N4, run the installer command as a superuser from the
$ sudo ./Automation360_el7_Build_<build_number>.bin
Proceed through the installer to the cluster configuration.
172.31.30.120, 172.31.21.216, 172.31.17.110, 172.31.20.242, 172.31.17.149, 172.31.18.37註: The sequence of the IP address must be entered in the same order on every new node.
- Select Enable Cluster Setup.
- In the Cluster IP addresses box, enter the IP addresses of all nodes that you need to configure in the cluster.
- Complete the rest of the Control Room installation.
- Repeat the steps 1 through 3 for nodes N5 and N6.
To verify the cluster health, run the following commands in the command
註: You must wait until the replication status is showing green. The replication time varies depending on the amount of data load in the clusters. The replication status turns green when the cluster is fully synchronized.
curl -k --user es_client:<es password>
註: The master node is indicated by the asterix (*).
- Verify that the master node IP address is same as mentioned in the elasticsearch.yml file for all the nodes.
- curl -k --user es_client:<es password> https://172.31.30.120:47599/_cat/health?pretty
- curl -k --user es_client:<es password> https://172.31.30.120:47599/_cat/nodes