Prepare for installation on Google Cloud Platform
In addition to the Control Room requirements, ensure your Google Cloud Platform meets these requirements.
Configure the Network Security Group of all the servers as specified in the
Note: In the IP ranges field, enter all the IP addresses of all VMs in the cluster environment.
- Name: aarestrictedsecuritygroup
- Type: Ingress
- Targets: aarestrictedsecuritygroup
- Filters: IP ranges: List of IP addresses provided by IT Security Team
- Protocols / ports: all
- Action: Allow
- Priority: 1000
- Network: default
Set up the F5 Load Balancer with the following configurations:
- Type: Standard
- Source address: Select the Host option and enter 0.0.0.0/0.
- Destination Address/Mask: Select the Host option and enter F5-LB-Private IP
- Service Port: Select the Port option, enter 80, and select HTTP.
- Select the Notify Status to Virtual Address check box.
- State: Enabled
To use SSL offload with the F5 Load balancer, provide the SSL certificate at the load balancer level, and configure your Control Room application servers to use HTTP mode only.Note: A load balancer is a third-party tool, so to set up the F5 load balancer with the Control Room, we recommend your IT team configure it.
Set up the Pools and Nodes with the following configurations:
- Configuration: Basic
- Health Monitors:
- Load Balancing Method: Round Robin
- Priority Group Activation: Disabled
- State: Enabled
- Health Monitors: Node Specific
Configure the Active Directory Server:
Verify that all the VMs in the cluster can ping each other using Private IP addresses.Note: All the VMs must be in the same AD Domain except for the F5 Load Balancer.
RDP to one of the Control Room nodes / servers and run the Control Room installer.
The Installation Prerequisite Check verifies your system has the basic configurations needed for Automation Anywhere. For more information, see Enterprise 11 Control Room prerequisites.
Continue with Customize Control Room installation on Google Cloud Platform