Enterprise 11: Bot permissions for a role
You can assign Bot permissions when creating a role. When you select a folder, that means the role will automatically have permission to any bots or files that are added to the folder in the future.
MetaBot supports role based access control (RBAC) on individual MetaBot files, and folders containing MetaBots. When a MetaBot is uploaded to Control Room, it inherits permission of the immediate parent folder. To change or modify permission on individual MetaBot file, you must perform the action manually.
Note: If the applied permissions are different on a MetaBot file and its folder, precedence is given to permission applied at the MetaBot file level.
Task Bots and MetaBots permissionsYou can select from the following permissions for the Task Bots and the MetaBots:
- Select all: This permission includes Run+Schedule, Upload, Download, Execute (only for MetaBots), and Delete actions.
Run+Schedule: This permission includes run and schedule
permission. It allows user to run or schedule the Task Bots and MetaBots. This permission is enabled only if user has either
Run my bots or Schedule my bots to
run permission. Note: The Run+Schedule permission replaces the earlier behavior of 11.0 where a user was allowed to run or schedule a bot when that user had download permission for a folder.
- This permission is termed as Run when the user has Run my bots feature permission. You can explicitly select Run permission on a specific folder to allow the user to run all bots that belong to this folder.
- Similarly, this permission is termed as Schedule when the user has Schedule my bots to run feature permission. You can explicitly select Run permission on a specific folder to allow the user to schedule all bots that belong to this folder.
- It is termed as Run+Schedule when user has both feature permissions. This allows the user to run and schedule bots that belong to this specific folder on which the permission is selected.
- Upload: This permission includes uploading Task Bots and MetaBot files/ folder to Control Room.
Download: This permission includes downloading Task Bots and MetaBot files/ folder from Control Room to Enterprise Client. Note: If you grant Download permission to a user, the Execute permission is automatically enabled so that a user can choose to either view or edit the content of a MetaBot that is downloaded.
- Execute: This permission is available only for MetaBots that enables to use MetaBots in a task.
- Delete: This permission includes removing file/ folder from Control Room.