Automating task using citrix viewer
Citrix Viewer enables you to record all actions you perform to automate a task.
Ensure that all the prerequisites mentioned in the Citrix Automation are met.
- Open the Citrix Automation Viewer using the Session Manager. See, Using session manager.
Select the application window name from the Window Title list to activate that window.
The application window name is available in the list only if the application is open.
Note: Windows that does not have a title are displayed as 'Window1', 'Window2', and so on.Or,
Open the application on which you want to perform actions.
- Click Record and do the actions you want to record.
Click Stop after you have finished recording the required actions.
The system populates the actions you have performed in the Actions List section. Actions listed can be of the following type:
- Click: This action type represents left-click, right-click, and double-click actions.
- Type: This action type represents actions that you have performed to insert text.
- Get text: This action type represents actions that you have performed to extract text.
- Wait: This action type represents actions that you have performed to insert delay.
- You can select an action from the Actions List section and click Delete () icon, to delete that action.
The recorded actions are saved as separate commands in the Workbench.