Add Logic and local variables to a basic MetaBot
Add MetaBot Logic to define the actions of the MetaBot and how it interacts with other Logic and bots.
Ensure you have added a DLL to the MetaBot: Add a DLL to the MetaBot.
- From the Enterprise Client, open the MyApp4 MetaBot .mbot in the My MetaBots list.
- In the MetaBot Designer, click the LOGIC tab.
Click Add Logic.
A Workbench window opens with a tab named NewLogic1. The DLL MyApp4Lib.dll and its classes are displayed.
- Click New.
- Select MyApp4 MetaBot .mbot and click Create.
- Click VARIABLE MANAGER.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Variable dialog box, select Input from the Parameter Type drop-down list.
- Enter MyInputName in the Name field.
Important: A message window appears stating that the variable has a "null" value. The value does not have to be set now.
Repeat the necessary steps to create the local variable
- Parameter Type = Output
- In the Workbench, click Save.
- Enter SayHiTo in the Logic Name field.
- Click Save.
Add variables to the MetaBot Logic created in this task: Manage variables in a basic MetaBot.