WLM work item life cycle
Bulk processing of work items can be done from the WLM API or by uploading a CSV file of work items.
Work item life cycle
The following process flow table compares how the WLM API processes bulk work item uploads with how bulk work item uploads are processed from the UI. The UI hides or abstracts away a lot of the processing work flow. The diagram shows the work item status in all capital letters with the corresponding UI status in parenthesis.
- Work items are marked as DRAFT during ingestion
of CSV file.
- Error (Data Error)
- Work items failed in the validation phase are marked as ERROR.
- New (Ready to Run)
- When ingestion process is completed, all work items are marked as
- Deferred (On Hold)
- If initial processing of a work item is encounters, the work
item is put into DEFERRED
Move work items to On Hold state to suspend WLM processing until the work item is moved back to the Ready to run state.
- Staged (Ready to Run)
- Work items are processed in predefined sorting order, Stager retrieves work items from the WORKITEMS table and adds them to the WORKITEMS_STAGING table that has a priority field. These prioritized work items are then marked as STAGED.
- Queued (Ready to Run)
- Staged work items are then moved to IgniteMQ queue (blocking queue) where they can be pushed to the Bot Runners or devices for processing. Queued work items are marked as QUEUED.
- Pushed (Active)
- When a work item is sent to a Bot Runner, the status is
changed to PUSHED.
- Failed (Unsuccessful)
- When a Bot Runner is unable to process a work item, the work item status is set to FAILED.
- Completed (Successful)
- Successfully processed work items are marked as COMPLETED.
Mapping of UI to API status for WLM work item processing
|Ready to run||NEW, QUEUED, or STAGED|