Enterprise 11: Manage workload queues
A queue is one of the main building blocks of Workload Management. A queue consists of a logical group of work items that are processed for automation by individual Bot Runners from a pool based on priority selected in the device pool and sort criteria configured in the queue.
The work items are loaded from Excel or CSV files. or they are inserted using a Task Bot or through API.
Create device pools, add Bot Runners to the pool, create queues, add queue owners/participants/consumers, define the work item structure, insert work items, and finally run the automation with the queue.
Create and manage queues
To create and manage queues, do the following:
- Step 1: Create device pools and add bot runners to the pool
- Create a device pool with a unique name and add Unattended Bot Runners to the device pool. To create device pools, an Control Room administrator grants the Create device pools feature permission and assigns the AAE_Pool Admin role.
- Step 2: Create queues
- Create queues that hold specific sets of data your bot is expecting for automation. To create queues, an Control Room administrator grants the Create queues feature permission and assigns the AAE_Queue Admin role.
- Step 3: Add names of queue owners
- Add queue owners who can create, edit, and view queues. The queue creator is the default queue owner and is able to add other users as queue owners, if required.
- Step 4: Add names of queue participants (optional)
- Add queue participants from different roles defined in the Control Room. This is an optional step.
- Step 5: Add names of queue consumers (optional)
- Add queue consumers from different roles defined in the Control Room. This is an optional step.
- Step 6: Define the work item structure
- Define the work item structure for processing in a queue. This enables you to manually upload the work items from the system in the absence of ready data in a file.
- Step 7: Insert work items using multiple methods
- Add work items from an Excel or CSV file to the queue.
- Step 8: Run automation using Run bot with queue option
- Collectively process all work items of a queue across all the Bot Runners present in one or more device pools.