Configuring email notification settings
Control Room administrators can enable email notifications to users for certain activities such as account activation or deletion and changes to account information.
Follow these steps to configure the email notification settings:
- Log in to the Control Room and click .
- Click Edit.
Select the Send email notifications check box.
Note: If this check box is enabled, Send verification email on first time user setup is activated by default, and the user receives an account activation acknowledgment email.
Update the following details:
- From this email address is the address from which the notification is sent to the user.
- Email server host is the host name of the email server.
- Email server port is the port number between 1 and 6553.
- My server uses a secure connection (SSL/TLS): Select this check box if you have enabled the SSL/TLS protocol.
- My server requires authentication is enabled by default.
Enter the SMTP credentials to configure the email setting. Choose one of the
Perform the following steps if you want to enable TLS1.2 to connect to the SMTP server:
- Manually enter password: Enter the Username and Password.
Retrieve from external key vault: Enter the
Safe name and Object name.Note: The Retrieve from external key vault option is displayed if you have configured an external key vault integration in the Control Room.
- Create a file email-configuration.properties in the
Control Room installation config folder.
For example C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\config
email.enforce.tls12=trueproperty in the properties file.
- Save the file.
Select any of the following conditions to send the email:
- User initiates Forgot Password process from Login screen: An email notification is triggered when you a user clicks the Forgot Password link on the login screen.
- User information changes, to the user: When you update the first name and last name of a user, an email notification about the user account information is sent.
Send verification email on first time user setup: Is
enabled by default, and when a user account is set up for the first time, the
user receives an email with a verification link. The user must click this
verification link and set the login credentials for the Control Room.
If you disable this feature (clear the check box), user receives a welcome email without a verification link and can log in to the Control Room through one of the following methods:
- The credentials provided by the admin, if it is an Control Room DB authenticated environment
- Windows credentials, if it is an Active Directory environment
- SSO credentials, if it is a SAML-enabled environment
- A user is activated, deactivated or deleted: The user receives an email notification when you activate, deactivate, or delete their account.
- A TaskBot stops running because it is unsuccessful, to the user who started or scheduled it: If a user schedules a bot to run on a Bot Runner machine and the bot fails to deploy or execute because it was stopped, timed out, or encountered an error, the user receives an email notification.
- A BLM package is exported or imported, to the user who performed BLM export or import: When a user exports or imports a Bot Lifecycle Management package, an email notification providing the status is triggered.
Click Save changes.
- To disable notifications, clear the Send email notifications check box and save changes.
- All updates to the email notification settings are captured in the Audit Log page.
- To view details of each audit entry, point to the vertical ellipsis icon for the required data, and click the Audit Details icon.
- View the changed entries in the details page that is launched.