Advanced MetaBot summary and best practices
In this task 2 DLLs were integrated into a MetaBot and Logic was developed to perform operations with an external library and REST API.
Why use MetaBots?
- Create independent, highly reusable automation blueprints of applications, DLLs, and commands facilitated by automation Logic.
- Leverage the MetaBot library to rapidly standardize org-wide automation.
- Ensure systematic, accelerated automation return on investment (ROI).
- Eliminate common navigational errors in complex automation tasks.
- Automate without requiring access to live application.
- Calibrate newer versions of applications used in a MetaBot to ensure compatibility.
Best practices for developing DLLs to use in MetaBots
- Test the DLL code in an integrated development environment (IDE) before integrating the DLL into a MetaBot.
- Debugging code in an IDE is much faster than debugging it in the Automation Anywhere Enterprise Client.