Configure settings post-installation on Microsoft Azure
After Control Room installation is complete, use the Microsoft Azure Portal to configure the clusters.
From the Azure Portal where SMB File
Share is setup, get the Connection String to retrieve following
- Internet or network address
- User name
- Locate the Window Credential Manager on the control room server and click Add a Windows Credential.
Enter the credential information.
Note: Adding a user under Windows Credential Manager needs to be repeated on all the servers used for testing in the cluster environment (Control Room, Clients/Devices).
Enter information and click Save and Continue.
Repository path is extracted from SMB File Share and Control Room access URL in is a load balancer Public IP.
- Copy the Master Key and save it (it will be needed to restart the services).
- Select Express mode and click Save and Continue.
- Enter the Active Directory authentication configuration information, including URL, Domain username, and password, then click Check Connection. If settings are correct, click Next.
Enter the AD user created previously and click Check name in Active
Directory. Upon validation, click Save and Log
Create additional users as needed and create corresponding users in the Control Room.
- Optional: Continue with installing other control room nodes in the cluster.
On the SVN server please change the repository path from "subversion" to
"subversion/repo" in the
/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/httpd.conf file and make
- Create new repository and update the path in httpd.conf → SVNPath sudo mkdir /opt/bitnami/repositories sudo svnadmin
- Create /opt/bitnami/repositories/aaerepo sudo chown -R bitnami:bitnami /opt/bitnami/repositories
Create Users for basic authentication with below commands
(httpd.conf for Apache configuration with in
Location Tag for subversion AuthType Basic):
- AuthName "Subversion repository"
- AuthUserFile /opt/bitnami/repository/users require valid-user
- Adding an individual user: sudo /opt/bitnami/apache2/bin/htpasswd -c /opt/bitnami/repository/users aaeuser cd /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf Edit httpd.conf and update the svn path <Location /subversion/repo> DAV svn SVNPath "/opt/bitnami/repositories/aaerepo"
- Restart subversion and Apache.
Ensure the repository is added with write permissions.
After a successful registration of SVN on Control Room, the Settings summary screen is displayed.
Perform the SMTP registration.
Note: A real SSL certificate is recommended for use with deployments.
This completes the Control Room installation on Microsoft Azure.
Complete Control Room configuration and validation.
- Control Room post-installation configuration
- After installing the Control Room, complete the configuration settings to ensure timely Automation Anywhere communications are specified, confirm Automation Anywhere services are running, configuring the Access Manager reverse proxy and Control Room authentication options, and installing a license.
- Control Room post-installation validation
- After installing the Enterprise Client and completing the post-installation tasks, validate the Enterprise Client by logging in to the Control Room and installing a license. First time access to the Control Room walks you through configuration for your authentication method.
Prepare for users.
- User management overview
- As a Control Room admin, you can create, view, edit, delete, and enable or disable user accounts. Creating user accounts depends on the non-Active Directory, Active Directory, or single sign-on (SSO) credentials from an IdP server.
- Enterprise Client installation
- Review the installation core tasks and topics for installing Enterprise Client on any machine running a supported operating system.