Add an Active Directory user
Add an Active Directory (AD) user by selecting an AD domain, providing AD environment details, and assigning a role and device license. The user must be a part of the AD.
.The All users page appears, displaying information about the existing users.
Click Create user.
The Create user page appears.
In the General Details section, perform the following
Clear the Enable User check box if you do not want the
user to log in immediately.
By default, this check box is selected.
Click Active Directory domain to assign an active
directory name for the user.
The list displays all the domains available in the Active Directory domain controller.Note: Control Room Active Directory supports a single forest multi-domain environment.
Enter a name in the Username field, and click
CHECK NAME IN ACTIVE DIRECTORY.
- If the user name is present in the AD, the First name, Last name, Email, and Confirm email fields are already populated.
- If the user name is not present in the AD, an error message is displayed. Contact your network administrator to resolve this issue.
- Clear the Enable User check box if you do not want the user to log in immediately.
In the Select roles section, assign a role from the
Available roles table.
Each role includes specific privileges and permissions to access and perform actions in certain areas of Control Room.
- In the Available roles list, select the check box next to the Role Name to select all roles. Alternatively, select multiple roles from the list.
- Add roles to the Selected list.
- Any Control Room user has access to these permissions by default: View Dashboard, Manage my credentials and locker, and View and manage my queues.
- A non-admin user does not have access to these permissions: Admin, BotFarm Admin, Pool Admin, Locker Admin.
Assign a device license to the user.
Note: Device licenses are not available for users with the Admin or BotFarm admin roles. The number of available copies is shown next to each license.
For a Bot Creator and attended Bot Runner user, you can enable Auto Login by selecting the Enable auto login check box. This enables the user to create local schedules on their machine so that the bot automatically logs in to the user's local machine, executes the task, and locks or logs off the machine. For an unattended Bot Runner user, Auto Login is always enabled.
Click Create user or Create user and add
If SMTP is enabled, an email is sent to new users inviting them to log in.The new user is displayed in the User table.