Export or import queues
Starting with Version 188.8.131.52, you can export or import queues along with their entities in the Control Room. You can reuse already created queues across environments without manually creating them in your Control Room.
- Users must have the AAE_Queue_Admin role to export or import queues.
- Users and roles associated with the queues are imported and the license assigned to the users is also imported, so ensure that the target Control Room user has create users, create roles, and install license permissions.
- Ensure that queue names are unique for importing. Queues with the same name are skipped and not imported in the target Control Room
- The source and the target Control Room must be running the same version.
- The source and the target Control Room must be of same setup type: SSO with SSO, AD with AD, and non-AD with non-AD.
Keep the following in mind when exporting or importing queues:
- Only the following queues can be exported: queues in the Not in
use, New, or Draft
state, or those for which the queue automation is stopped.
You cannot export queues that are the In use or Pause state. Your have to stop the queue automation to export them.
- Users and roles associated with the queues are imported. Licenses (for example, Bot Creator and Bot Runner) that are assigned to the users associated with the queues are also imported.
- All the queue entities associated with the queue, for example, general settings, owners, participants, consumers, Work Item structure, and optionally Work Items are exported or imported to your Control Room.
- When you import Work Items with the queues, the state of the Work Items (Completed, Failed, Data error, and so on) are maintained in your target Control Room.
The queues and the associated entities are exported and available to import in the target Control Room.
- Navigate to .
- In the Queues page, click Export queues.
In the Export queues page, enter the
Export package name of the queue.
By default, the export package name is in QueuesPackage_<Date>_<Time> format.
Enter a Password to encrypt the package.
Note: The password that is set in this step will be used for decryption when importing the queue package.
- Optional: Select the Include work items check box to export all the Work Items associated with the queue.
- From the Available queues, select one or more queues that you want to export.
- Click Export and browse to the location to save the exported file in .aaepkg format.
The required queues and the associated entities are imported to your Control Room.
- Navigate to .
- In the Queues page, click Import queues.
- In the Import queues page, browse to the location of the .aaepkg file you want to import to your Control Room.
Enter the same Password to decrypt the
This is the password that was used for encryption when the package was exported.
- Click Import.