Variable usage considerations
To use variables in your Task Bots and MetaBots consider important facts.
- The $ signs that surround the variable name indicates that the text inside should be treated as a variable.
- When the Task Bot runs, Automation Anywhere replaces the variable name with the actual value of the variable.
- All command fields with the light bulb icon support variables.
- When you want to insert a variable, use the F2 function key to list all user and system variables that are available for selection.
- Variable values can be verified in debug mode by using the Watching Variables feature, which displays the run-time values for the selected variables.
- After creating a variable, you can use it within your bots using most Automation Anywhere commands.