Send Email command
Use the Send Email command to automate tasks relating to sending emails.
- Send multiple emails at the same time. Use a semi-colon between each email address.
- Include attachments with the email.
- Format the message in HTML.
- If using a Gmail account to send emails, enable the less secure app setting. Use the following links to modify your email account setting:
- If you are using a Yahoo account to automate an email-related task, ensure that you generate the app password from the Yahoo account security page. Use the app password and the email address to log in to your email account.
Click on the Tools menu, and select Options. In the Email Settings, type a
Host Name and Port:
- Host: The SMTP Host enables users to send email from Automation Anywhere. This information is either obtained from the email provider, or from the configuration settings in the email program.
Port: This setting defines the TCP/IP port that Automation Anywhere uses
to send email.
Server Host Name Supported Ports Outlook/Office 365 smtp-mail.outlook.com 25, 587 Gmail smtp.gmail.com 465, 587 Yahoo smtp.mail.yahoo.com 25, 465 Hotmail smtp.live.com 587 Enterprise Client client_host_name 1 - 65535
Double-click or drag the Send Email command to the Task
Actions List pane.
The Send Email window will open.
- Enter the From, To, CC, and BCC email addresses.
- Enter a Subject.
- Click the Attach button to attach any file type.
- Click the Variables button to attach values of all
This will append a text file that lists values of all the variables (System and User Defined) used in the TaskBot / MetaBot Logic.Note: The System Variable Excel Cell will not be attached as the values input are dynamic.
- Select either Text or HTML for email format.
Enter the message in the message box.
Service Cloud case ID: 00825165
When you save your bot, the font type and size parameter is not saved in the message box. When you edit your bot, the parameter is always set to default font type and size.
- Click Save.