Build your first bot using Web Recorder
You can use the Web Recorder to capture the steps of completing a web form and logging in to a web page.
Review the Recording tasks guidelines to get a better understanding of how to use the Web Recorder.
- Log in to the Automation Anywhere Enterprise Client.
- Click New.
In the Automate window, click Web
The Web Recorder window appears.
- In the URL field, enter: https://www.automationanywhere.com/automationanywherelabs/login.html
The following two windows are open:
- A web browser with a login screen.
- The Web Recorder control window.
When the Web Recorder starts, all user actions (for example, mouse clicks and keystrokes) are captured and stored in a Task Bot.
In the web browser screen, enter the following credentials to log in:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Automation123
- In the Web Recorder control window, click Stop Recording.
In the Save Task dialog box, enter
MyFirstTaskBot in the Filename
field, and click Save.
The task appears in the My Tasks list in the Enterprise Client.
- Select MyFirstTaskBot and click Run.
Open MyFirstTaskBot.atmx and modify the bot: Modify a basic bot to process dynamic data. The bot opens in the Workbench. All the recorded steps are listed in the Actions List.