Debugging a task
Automation Anywhere enables you to debug your complex automation tasks, which can be useful for automating longer, more complicated business or IT processes.
- Open the task in the Task Editor.
- Click the Debug menu, and select Enable Debugging.
- Use the toolbar to insert breakpoints in your task.
- Debug the task one line at a time by using the Step Over (F10) functionality.
You can use the Set SnapPoint feature in a task to capture images of the task while it runs.
- To debug your task one command at a time, insert a breakpoint next to each command. This makes the task pause at the breakpoint.
- To insert a breakpoint, select a command and press F9 to insert a breakpoint.
- To remove a breakpoint, select the command and press F9.
- Select the Step Over feature to move one command at a time.
- To clear all breakpoints, click Clear All Breakpoints.
- To stop debugging, click Debug > Disable Debugging. Note:
- Automation Anywhere does not save debugging information and breakpoints. When you close the Task Editor, all breakpoints are lost.
- The Enable Debugging option is not available for a protected bot.