IQ Bot 11.x: Create a learning instance
Create a learning instance to upload and train sample documents. After training completes, send the learning instance to production and use it to run on actual documents to extract data. Creating a learning instance is the first task you perform for creating and training a bot.
- Ensure you know the file size and page limitations before creating a learning instance.
- If any existing learning instances use Tesseract OCR v3, we recommend that you plan to train with alternative OCRs (Optical Character Readers), including Tesseract4 OCR. Tesseract OCR is an open source Optical Character Reader engine leveraged by IQ Bot for document processing and extraction. It has not been enhanced since 2018 and no new fixes will be applied to Tesseract OCR v3.
- Click the New instance option.
In the Create new learning instance screen, enter the
Instance name: Enter a unique name.
IQ Bot does not allow duplicate learning instance names. Even if you delete a learning instance, the name cannot be reused.
- Optional: Description: Enter a description.
Document type: Select the domain from the
Based on the domain selected, a predefined set of form and table fields for the domain type appears. For example, when you select Invoices, the standard forms and tables of an invoice appear.Note: If you want to use a custom domain, select .
Upload your documents: Click the
Browse option to upload the documents samples
to classify and train for the learning instance.
- Use documents with a resolution value of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi). If multiple documents are in a single PDF, split the PDF into separate documents before the upload. Use the PDF command or Acrobat editor to split into separate documents.
- You can upload a maximum of 12 MB file size. You can add additional documents even after creating the learning instance.
- Besides image formats, such as TIFF, JPG, and PNG files, you can also upload PDF, Vector, Raster, and Hybrid (Vector and Raster) documents for classification and analysis.
Primary language of documents: Use the drop-down
menu to select a language for the learning instance.
To create custom domains in other languages and access up to 190 languages that IQ Bot supports, contact Automation Anywhere support.Trouble: If you are unable to see all languages in the IQ Bot interface, troubleshoot the issue: Unable to extract data from Multiple languages in a document (A-People login required)
- Optical Character Recognition: Select the necessary OCR engine.
Checkbox auto-detection: Check the
Detect checkboxes check box to enable this
Selecting this option allows IQ Bot to automatically detect check boxes in a document. However, it might increase the processing time of documents.
- Instance name: Enter a unique name.
Add the standard fields in the Standard form fields and
Standard table fields sections. To add additional
fields, enter the field name in the Other fields
(Optional) section and click the Add as form/Add as
You cannot add duplicate fields using customization.Follow the naming conventions when you enter a name in the Other fields (Optional) field:
- Field names can only begin with alphabetical characters (A-Z and a-z).
- Field names can only include alphanumeric characters and spaces.
Click the Create instance and analyze option to create
the learning instance.
The system analyzes and sorts the training documents into logical groups based on field identification and shows the details in thetab.