High Availability deployment model
The High Availability (HA) deployment model provides failure tolerance for the IQ Bot servers, services, and databases.
The following shows IQ Bot and data center components.
In this example, the IQ Bot servers and Microsoft SQL Servers have HA redundancy.
- Multiple users have access the IQ Bot cluster through their web browsers. The web browsers communicate to the IQ Bot cluster through the load balancer.
- Multiple Bot Runners communicate to the IQ Bot cluster through the load balancer.
- The server message block (SMB) file share and the Microsoft SQL Server store data from the IQ Bot cluster.
- Microsoft SQL Server uses redundancy through replication syncing to the clustered Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ensure that all the HA cluster nodes are configured in the same location. Do not configure the nodes in a single HA cluster that is located across various sites. Ensure that you configure one HA cluster at the primary site and the other HA cluster at the secondary site.
- The Control Room and IQ Bot must be configured in the same data center to ensure communication between both the applications.
Maintains availability when server failures occur within a single data center.
Does not provide protection against data center outage.
- Use Cases
Small to medium-size businesses that do not require multi-site disaster recovery.