Upload multiple files with IQ Bot using Loop action
Automate uploading multiple files by inserting the Upload Document action into a Loop action.
Follow these steps to upload multiple documents:
In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the
action from the Loop
See Loop package .
- In the Loop Type field, select the Iterator option.
- In the Iterator field, select For each file in folder from the drop-down list.
- In the Folder path field, select the folder path.
In the Assign file name and extension to this variable
field, create or select a dictionary variable to store the names and extensions
of the files in the selected folder path.
For this example, we will use a dictionary variable named dictFile.
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Upload Document action from the IQ Bot package.
- Complete the information, except the File Path field.
In the File path field, enter a dynamic file path using
The name and extension keys are predefined. When inserted and run in a loop, the action iterates through the entire folder and calls all files in the folder one at a time. The File path value looks like this: C:\input\$dictFile(name)$.$dictFile(extension)$
- Add a file path pointing to the folder, for example C:\input\.
- Add the dynamic file name string: $dictFile(name)$.$dictFile(extension)$.
- Click Save.
To read results from variable, use the Message box action.