Create a user and assign a custom role for RPA Bots for Mule 4
Create a user and assign a custom role to the user for RPA Bots for Mule 4. The user will execute bots and pass data using the connector to automate their business processes.
Create a custom RPA Bots for Mule 4 connector role for the user,
and add the Bot Creator and Bot Runner users to
- Go to .
- Click Create role, and enter a Role name and optionally enter description for the role.
- In the Features tab, go to the Bots section and select the following: View my bots, Run my bots, Export bots, Import bots, Create folders, and Rename folders
- Go to the Package Manager section and select View packages and Manage packages.
- Scroll to the API section, select Generate API-Key, and click Next.
- In the Bots tab, expand the Bots folder and select the folder you want to make available for use by the plug-in.
- Select Run and View content, and click Next.
- In the Run As tab, select the Bot Runner user from the list of Available users and click the right arrow to move the roles to the list in the Selected column.
- In the Users tab, select the Bot Creator user and Bot Runner user from the list of Available users and click the right arrow to move the roles to the list in the Selected column.
- Click Create role to create the RPA Bots for Mule 4 connector role.
Create the RPA Bots for Mule 4 user and assign the custom RPA Bots for Mule 4 connector role to the user:
Click Create user.
The icon is located at the top-right of the Users table.The Create user page is displayed.
In the General Details section, enter the
following user details:
Field Action Enable User Select the check box so that the user can log in immediately. Username Enter a unique user name. Description Optional: Enter a description for the user. First name Optional: Enter the first name of the user. Last name Optional: Enter the last name of the user. Password Enter and confirm a password for the user. Ensure that the password follows any necessary password policy. Enter and confirm the email address for the user.
If SMTP is enabled, the user is sent an email to this address to confirm the account. All important Control Room notifications will be sent to this email address.
- In the Select roles section, select the RPA Bots for Mule 4 connector role from the Available roles column and click the right arrow to move the role to the Selected column.
Assign the device license None to the
The user will only have access to the Control Room.
Click Create user to create the RPA Bots for Mule 4 connector user with the custom
The new user is displayed in the User table. If SMTP is enabled, an email will be sent to the new user inviting them to log in.