Run a bot using RPA Bots for Salesforce
As a Salesforce user, you can either launch bots from a specific record detail page where the Automation Launcher for Salesforce is made available to you, or if the Process Builder or Flow Builder is configured to launch bots in response to a change event of a specific object in Salesforce.
- Control Room with desired bot available
- Salesforce Org with Automation Launcher added to record pages where bots will be launched
- RPA Bots for Salesforce connector configured with Control Room and bot configuration for the bot being launched
The following example illustrates how to run a bot for a tech support case. In this example, the bot configuration has been mapped to the Case object. Perform the same steps when executing a TaskBot from any Salesforce Cloud page. You can trigger bots automatically every time you perform these activities.
- Log in to Salesforce using your standard Salesforce user credentials.
- Click App Launcher.
- Select Service.
- Click the Cases tab from the Service Cloud page.
Click the Case number assigned to you.
On the Case detail page, the Automation Launcher appears with one or more pre-configured Bots for you to run.
Click Run to execute the TaskBot
associated with the tech support case number.
A toast message appears: Bot Successfully launched. The runtime window is displayed.Note: The bot status will be updated only once, 5 seconds after it is triggered. After this, you can use Refresh to manually check the status and the View History button to review past bot executions.