Create a custom Google G Suite role
Create a Google G Suite user and assign a custom role to the user. This allows users to execute bots and pass data using the add-on to automate their business processes.
Create a custom RPA Bots for G Suite add-on role.
- From your local machine, log in to your Control Room as administrator.
Go to Create role.
and click The Create role window appears with the Features tab content displaying.
From the Features tab in the left panel of the
Create role window, enter the following:
A Role name and optionally enter a
For example, enter:
- Scroll to the Bots section and select the boxes for View my bots, Run my bots, Export bots, Import bots, Create folders, and Rename folders.
- Click Next.
- A Role name and optionally enter a Role description.
From the Bots tab:
- Select the folder of bots that the RPA Bots for G Suite add-on can access.
- Select the Run check box, and click Next.
From the Run As tab:
- Select the devices that the Bot Runner user has access to from the list of Available bot runners.
- Click the right arrow to move the roles to the list in the Selected column, and click Next.
From the Users tab:
This completes creating the RPA Bots for G Suite add-on role.
- Select the Bot Creator user and Bot Runner user from the list of Available users.
- Click the right arrow to move the roles to the list in the Selected column, and click Create role.
Create the user required to use the RPA Bots for G Suite add-on. This includes a Google G Suite specific user. See Create users for RPA Bots for G Suite.