Uploading - Pending Changes or Files
As a Bot Creator with access privileges to particular folders, you can upload files from folders to the server using different options if Version Control is enabled in Control Room.
Uploading Pending Changes
Use the Upload Pending Changes option to upload files from a folder in Tasks list, Workflow and Reports. These folders and sub-folders comprise new or checked out files that are pending upload.
- To upload, select the 'Upload Pending Changes' option from the context
As you can see, all files other than the ones that have a remark are enabled by default for upload in the Upload Pending Changes window.
However, the files that have are not selected as either:
- A file with same name exists in the repository.
- The file is part of a folder to which the user does not have access.
- The file is not checked out by the Bot Creator
- The file is force unlocked by the server administrator
- Now select the files to upload.
- Input the required comments in 'Upload Comment' and click Upload. These comments
are applicable to all files that are uploaded.Note: During upload any failure results in cancellation of operation.
Once upload finishes, the list view will reflect the check-in status.
- Click the Upload button
- In the Upload Files window, the files that are 'Allowed' to be uploaded are selected. De-select the files that you do not need to upload.
- Add your 'Upload Comments' and click 'Upload'.These comments are applicable to all files that are uploaded.
File Status and Action <update>
The following table describes the status of a file and the action that is marked for the same:
|Status Description||File Status||Action|
|If the File is checked out by the Client||Checkout||Allowed|
|If the File is checked out by another Client or force unlocked by server administrator||Locked||Not Allowed|
|If the File is new and does not exists in the server repository||New||Allowed|
|If the File is new and exists in the server repository||Duplicate||Not Allowed|
|If the File is new and folder access unavailable||New||Not Allowed|