Set up Version 126.96.36.199 or later Control Room for G Suite
For a Version 188.8.131.52 or later Control Room, to run and manage bots using the Automation Anywhere for Google Workspace add-on, establish a connection to the Enterprise Control Room and enable variables to return data from the bot to Google G Suite Sheets.
Ensure you have the credentials, licenses, and permissions available as listed in Prerequisites for Automation Anywhere for Google Workspace.
Verify connection to the Control Room and enable Google G Suite Sheets variables to return data from the bot to Google G Suite Sheets.
Input-Data, with variable type,
stringis supported at this time.
Verify communication with the Control Room by requesting a
Connecting to the Control Room with the callback URL is one-time setup configuration that works for Bot Creator, Bot Runner, and Administrator user accounts.
- Log in to the Automation Anywhere Enterprise Version 184.108.40.206 or later Control Room as an administrator.
- Go to .
- Click Edit.
- In the Callback URL field, enter: https://aa-relay-server-v2.azurewebsites.net/callback
Enable variables to return data as an Administrator:
- Log in as an administrator to the Control Room.
- Go to
The page opens in edit mode.
- Scroll to
- Click On.
- Click Save Changes.
Enable data transfer between Google G Suite Sheets and the bot.
The Input setting is enabled by default on Version 220.127.116.11 or later variables.
- Log in to the Enterprise Client as a Bot Creator.
View Workbench window.
- Editing an existing task: select Edit. . Click
- Creating new task: select Tasks. Click New.
- From Workbench window, expand Variable Manager tab on right of window.
Select the Input-Data variable to edit through
the Edit Variable or Add
These are all string variables. Only string variables are supported
- Edit existing variable: In the Variable
Manager window, select a variable and click
The Edit Variable window appears.
- Create new variable: In the Variable Manager window, click Add. In the Add Variable window that appears, select Variable Type: Value, List, or Array.
- Edit existing variable: In the Variable Manager window, select a variable and click Edit.
In the Edit Variable or Add
Variable window, select the Include in
Output check box.
Note: The Include in Output setting is not enabled by default. You must select the check box to return data from the bot to Google G Suite.
- Click Close.