To ensure successful upgrade to the newest IQ Bot version, review the considerations section before starting the upgrade process.
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 11.3.5
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 126.96.36.199
If you are using any of the earlier IQ Bot versions (188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and so on), ensure that you first upgrade to IQ Bot Version 220.127.116.11 before upgrading to Version 18.104.22.168
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 22.214.171.124
If you are using any of the earlier IQ Bot versions (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and so on), ensure that you first upgrade to IQ Bot Version 184.108.40.206 before upgrading to Version 220.127.116.11
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 18.104.22.168
Upgrade the system to IQ Bot Version 22.214.171.124 for enhancements and bug fixes.
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 11.3.5.x
- IQ Bot Version 126.96.36.199 is compatible only with Control Room Version 188.8.131.52
- IQ Bot Version 184.108.40.206 is compatible only with Control Room Version 220.127.116.11.
- To import learning instance backups on an IQ Bot Version 18.104.22.168 environment, the backup (.iqba) file must be exported from an IQ Bot Version 22.214.171.124 environment only. Therefore, you must also upgrade your source IQ Bot environment to Version 126.96.36.199. This requirement is due to changes made in database schemas and version information in the backup (.iqba) files.
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 11.3.4
Install IQ Bot Version 11.3.4 using installation checklist provided in the installer zip file.
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 11.3.4.x
Upgrading to IQ Bot Version 11.3.3
- For IQ Bot Version 11.3.3, users must upgrade to version 3.7.17.
- When upgrading to IQ Bot Version 11.3.3, all group information gets stored in a new table ContentClassification, and all data gets automatically upgraded/transferred to this table during the installation process.
- If your machine version is older than SQL Server Native Client 2012, a dialog box appears, giving you the option to upgrade. Open services.msc and stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER). Then complete the installation process.
- During the upgrade, the installer detects if you have existing learning instances from a prior version of IQ Bot. Select that prior version of IQ Bot from a drop-down list to keep the classifier version for the existing learning instances.
- For any new learning instances created after installation, the classifier version of IQ Bot Version 5.3.1/Version 6.5 is used.
- If upgrading from IQ Bot Version 5.3.1.x and you have a learning
instance that relies on 5.3.1.x group check box or linked table functionality, clear
that learning instance's validation queue before upgrading to IQ Bot
Version 6.5 to avoid field name conflicts.
- IQ Bot Version 5.3.1.x uses "_", a non-unique delimiter (Gender_ID_Female and Patient_Table_Services).
- IQ Bot Version 6.5 uses unique delimiters "->" for group check box (for example, "Gender_ID->Female") and ":" for linked tables (for example, "Patient_Table:Services"), which can make it easier to process in RPA.
- For security protection, the SQL server database is encrypted starting from IQ Bot Version 6.5. The added protection can increase the database size by up to 4x. This is due to the encryption obfuscation.
- When upgrading IQ Bot Version 5.3.x to Version 6.5 and above, the installer encrypts data related to files in the database.Note: See IQ Bot database encryption.
Upgrading to IQ Bot
Install IQ Bot Version 188.8.131.52 using the installation checklist provided in the installer zip file.
Upgrading to IQ Bot
When upgrading IQ Bot, the group numbers under learning instances can change due to data migration to Version 11.3.3.x. To see the mapping between the old groups in Version 6.0.x and new groups in Version 11.3.3.x, user would need to go through the installation-helper.log file, in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Automation Anywhere IQBot Platform\Logs folder.Note: The upgrade changes the group number only, and not the data.