IQ Bot 11.x: Extract data using magnetic ink character recognition
Use the magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) OCR feature with ABBYY FineReader Engine version 12.2 support to extract MICR data from financial checks.
Note: Documents in Non-Latin based languages cannot be processed if MICR is enabled on ABBYY FineReader Engine OCR version 12.3 and 12.4.
- Ensure that ABBYY FineReader Engine is installed in the plug-ins folder: \OCR Plugins\ABBYY SDK\12\. . ..
- From the C:\Program Files (x86)\Automation Anywhere IQ Bot (version)\Configurations folder, open the Settings.txt file, change OCREngine=Tesseract4 to OCREngine=Abbyy, and save the file.
Note: A system restart is not required.
- Set ABBYY FineReader Engine in your settings.txt file as the primary OCR engine.
- Navigate to the IQ Bot\Configurations\AbbyyImagePreProcessingSettings.json file.
Update these parameters:
The MICR feature is activated in the system.
TextTypes = 129
- Create a learning instance and add form fields to extract MICR data from financial checks such as MICR and Pay to fields.
- Scan and upload a check to IQ Bot for training. In production, upload the financial checks for accurate MICR data extraction.
- In the Designer, map the MICR data in the financial check for extraction.
- In production, upload the financial checks for accurate MICR data extraction.