IQ Bot 11.x: Disaster recovery failover steps overview
Overview of failover steps for IQ Bot recovery after a disaster.
The procedure is identical regardless of whether switching over from primary to secondary (recovery), or secondary to primary.
If the failed IQ Bot nodes are still available:
- Shut off all IQ Bot services at the primary site.
- Failover all IQ Bot-related databases using the database tools.
- Failover your Server Message Block (SMB) share using the appropriate tools to make the recovery site SMB file share writable.
- Start IQ Bot services at the recovery site.
- Wait until the IQ Bot web interface is available.
- Login to the web interface as an administrator.
- After the recovery site is operating as the primary site, configure a replacement secondary site. Using the database tools, set replication from the recovery primary site to the replacement secondary site.