Edit a queue using two methods - from the Queues list, or from the View queue page.
Ensure that you are logged in to the Control Room as the administrator.
- AAE_Queue Admin role.
- Queue Owner rights to edit queues that you created.
- Queue Participant rights to edit queues that are created by other queue owners.
You are allowed to edit a work item only if it is in New, Data error, On hold, Ready to run, or Failed state.Edit a queue from the View queue page or from the Queues list.
- Navigate to .
- Hover over the Actions icon for the queue.
- Click the Edit icon. ()
Click one of the following options to launch the Edit Queue
- edit this queue link.
- Edit button.
Edit the queue details, such as queue name (applicable only if in
draft), description, work items, threshold and time values, auto retry attempt
(applicable only if queue is not in use), owners, participants, and consumers.
- The Work Item structure cannot be edited after it is defined.
- When you edit a queue and set new auto retry number, the new number is only applicable to the new failed work items. If the queue owner changes the auto retry attempt value to a number less than the existing number, the work item will not be retried.
- The queue name must be unique and not be shared by another queue.
Upload a file for the work item that will be used for processing in this
The Work Items tab is shown by default.Tip: You can search for a work item quickly based either on Status or Status details using the search option.
- Click Browse.
Select the file to upload.
Note: You can upload only an Excel or CSV file.
Put work items on hold.
Note: The column On hold until in the Edit queue page displays the work item hold status (indefinitely or specific date and time). The status of the work items which are not on hold are shown as N/A.
Select the work items and click On hold from the table
level icons list.
In the To update screen, select one of the following
- Indefinitely: The work item is put on hold until you manually move it for re-processing.
- Until: The work item is put on hold until the specified date and time. Enter the Date, Time, and Time zone in their respective fields.
Click Yes, change.
The selected work items are put on hold.
- Select the work items and click On hold from the table level icons list.
- Click Save changes.
Edit the name and save the changes made to the queue.
An edit successful message appears.