Migrate Enterprise bots
The bot migration process uses the Bot Migration Wizard to convert Enterprise 11 or Enterprise 10 bots (TaskBots and MetaBots) in .atmx and .mbot format to the .bot format used in Automation 360 and uploads the successfully migrated bots to the Control Room public workspace.
Ensure you have completed all the prerequisite tasks for migrating bots: Prerequisite tasks for migrating bots.
All manual dependencies of bots are automatically converted as Control Room dependencies during migration. The Copy Control Room file action copies these dependencies from the Control Room to the respective locations.
- Log in to your Automation 360 staging environment.
.Note: If you have migrated bots from Enterprise 10 to Enterprise 11, the information about that migration is not displayed on the Migration List page.
- On the Bot Migration Wizard screen, click Migrate bots.
Provide information on the Settings page.
Option Action Name Enter a migration name or use the default one. The default migration name shows the name of the user who is logged in, current date, and time stamp. Description Enter a description for the migration. Overwrite if a bot with the same name exists Select this option to overwrite an existing bot if a bot with the same name exists in the folder. Use "Excel Cell Row" legacy behavior Select this option if you are migrating from a version earlier than Version 11.3.0 or you want to retain the legacy behavior of the Excel Cell Row system variable. EWS email server settings Select this option if you have used EWS in Enterprise 11. If you have selected this option, complete the following fields:
- Domain name: This field is prepopulated with the default global value.
- Exchange version: Select an option from the list to specify the version of the EWS server configured in Enterprise 11.
- Authentication type: Select an option from the list to specify the authentication type set for the EWS server configured in Enterprise 11.
Convert bots built using Internet Explorer to Edge with Internet Explorer mode Select this option if you want to migrate Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 bots that use Internet Explorer to Automation 360 bots that use Microsoft Edge with IE mode.
- Click Next.
Select the bots and the folders that contain the bots
(TaskBots and MetaBots) that you want to migrate.
The ability to select a folder eliminates the effort required in selecting individual bots from that folder.
- If you selected a folder, all subfolders within that folder and the bots within these subfolders are automatically selected for migration.
- If the folder is empty, the migration process encounters an error.
- Click Next.
Select one or more
usernames from the list to run the migration and click the right arrow.
Usernames can display either the message Picked at run time or the device name in the Device column. A device name indicates the registered device for that user. Picked at run time is shown when a user does not have a default device, for example, a user who has not registered a device and a system administrator has assigned a device to that user. A default device must be configured for all Bot Runners you have selected.
- Bots are distributed across selected Bot Runner users in a round-robin method.
- The first Bot Runner user on the selected list is the first one used.
- A parent bot and its dependencies are assigned to a single Bot Runner user.
- Click Next.
Review the dependent TaskBots
and MetaBots on
the Bot and Dependent Bots page before you migrate them.
If you have selected a folder and bots from the Bots page, that folder and dependencies of the selected bots are displayed in the table.Dependent bots (TaskBots and MetaBots) are migrated before the primary bot.The table shows the primary bot at the bottom and its dependencies above. For example, the following information means that Sample05.atmx has a dependency on Sample04.atmx, and Sample04.atmx has a dependency on MessageBox.atmx and MetaTask.mbot.
Type Name Path MetaBot (mbot) MetaTask.mbot