Create a process automation in Process Composer
As a Bot Creator, you create and design process automations which consist of human and botbot tasks listed as elements in the Process Composer.
- You must have a Bot Creator license.
- You must be assigned a custom role with the create folder permission.Note: Each task, logic condition, and end point supports the copy, paste, and cut elements from the Bot editor. Additionally, you can double-click to add and replace items on the canvas. See Supported behaviors for tasks and elements in Process Composer.
Create a process automation:
- From your local machine, log in to your Control Room as a Bot Creator.
- From the left pane, click Automation, and then click .
- In the Create process page, enter a name for the new process automation. By default, process automations are saved in the \Bots\ folder. Click Browse to change the default folder.
- Click Create & edit.
- Click the process automation name to rename it.
- To add initial form and data to the process automation, click Start.
From the Start panel:
- Browse and Input variables or Select initial data form.
Select the File upload storage.
AARI Storage is default for process automation and Document Workspace Storage is default for document automation.
In the Request title field, enter text or insert a
variable as an input variable. A dynamic title is created for this request that
will display in the web interface and serve as a reference.
Note: You can use a Reference ID such as
ref ID = $RefId$. Reference ID is a Meta variable type.
In the Task name field, enter the name of the
You can use a Reference ID such as
task ref ID = $RefId$.
- In the Data privacy tag field (same as a PII [Personally Identifiable Information] tag), enter a text or variable to generate hidden custom output.
- Click Apply.
Add Bot Task to a process automation.
The Bot Task runs a bot with inputs and outputs.
Add Form Task to a process automation.
The Form Task displays a form that requires interactions by a user.
You can add these optional elements to the process
- Add API Task to a process automation - Use the API Task to enable API calls for inputs and outputs.
- Add input variables to a process automation - Use input variables to start a process without having to build a form as the point of entry for a process automation.
- Add Filter Task to a process automation - Use the Filter Task to filter a variable based on your specific criteria.
- Add Process Task to a process automation - Use the Process Task to run a process automation.
- Add Document Validation to a process automation - Use the Document Validation Task to display a validator for a document that requires validations.
- Add Approval Task to a process automation - Use the Approval Task to share requests with decision makers before the process is completed.
- You can add logical conditions to include internal and conditional branching of the process automation. Drag the condition from the Elements panel. You can select an If/Else pair or Else if.