Create users for RPA Bots for Google Workspace
Create a Bot Creator, a Bot Runner, and Google G Suite user.
Create a RPA Bots for Google Workspace custom role. Create a custom Google G Suite role
- Bot Creator user
- Creates TaskBots for your Google G Suite business processes.
- Bot Runner user
- Establishes a connection to the RPA Bots for Google Workspace add-on. This connection allows the RPA Bots for Google Workspace add-on permission to access the Control Room, to run a bot, and pass data.
- Google G Suite user
- Assigned the custom Google G Suite add-on role. For example,
- From your local machine, log in to your Control Room as administrator.
Go to Create user.
and click The Create user page is displayed.
In the General Details section, enter the
following user details:
- Enable User
- Select the check box so that the user can log in immediately.
- Enter a unique user name.
- Optional: Enter a description for the user.
- First name
- Optional: Enter the first name of the user.
- Last name
- Optional: Enter the last name of the user.
- Enter and confirm a password for the user. Ensure that the password follows any necessary password policy.
- Enter and confirm the email address for the user. If SMTP is enabled, the user is sent an email to this address to confirm the account. All important Control Room notifications will be sent to this email address.
In the Select roles section:
- For Bot Creator and Bot Runner users: Select the AAE_Basic role from the Available roles column.
Google G Suite add-on user: Select the Google G Suite
add-on role from the Available roles column. For
- Click the right arrow to move the role to the Selected column.
In the Allocate a device license section:
For Automation 360 versions: When the device is set, two sections become available if there are devices associated with the Control Room and after the initial user information is provided.
- For Bot Creator user: Assign the Bot Creator - Development license to the user.
- For Bot Runner user: Assign the Unattended Bot Runner - Run-time license to the user.
- For Google G Suite user: Keep the default None to the user. This user only has access to the Control Room.
For Automation 360 versions: Scroll up to the
- Select a device.
- Click the right arrow to move the device to the Selected column.
For Automation 360 versions: Scroll up to the Device
login credentials section.
Enter your Windows credentials in the Username and Password fields.
- For Bot Creator user: the credentials enable checking in and checking out TaskBots
- For Bot Runner user: the credentials are for the device from where the Bot Runner account intends to run the bot. Adding the credentials here is optional.
Scroll to the top of form and click Create user.
The new user is displayed in the User table. If SMTP is enabled, an email is sent to the new user inviting them to log in.
For Automation 360 versions: register your device with the Control Room.
This installs the Bot Agent and enables you to run bots from your local machine.
Repeat the steps in this topic to create each RPA Bots for Google Workspace add-on required user type.