Manage workload SLAs
- Updated: 2020/05/07
Manage workload SLAs
Estimate the device pool size or time required to process a given queue size from the Workload Service Level Agreement (SLA) page.
Permissions required to orchestrate Workload Management to meet your organizations' target SLA:
- Control Room admin or a user with the SLA Calculator feature permission
- AAE_Queue_Admin role
- Queue Owner, Participant, or Consumer privilege
Tip: You can see only those automations with queues for which you are either the owner /participant /consumer. However, the Queue Admin can see all the queues in the system.
Select an active automation to arrive at the targeted SLA.
You can also directly enter the parameters for calculation if you do not have an existing automation. If specified, the data from this is used to calculate the SLA in the Calculation tab.
- Click the right arrow button to add the automation for the SLA calculation.
The Calculation tab appears.
- If you have selected an existing automation, the system populates the number of work items processed and the average processing time of a work item for that automation.
Enter the following:
- Number of work items processed. The maximum number of work items allowed are up to 999999999999 (ninety-nine billion, nine hundred ninety-nine million, nine hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred ninety-nine). For example, enter 67890.
- Average processing time per work item either in days, hours, minutes, or seconds. For example, 2000 seconds or 33 minutes and 20 seconds.
- The number of devices in your device pool in The processing time with this number of devices field to calculate the time it takes to process the number of work items specified with the given average processing time of each work item. For example, the number of devices for processing time is 120.
The system shows the result based on the specified parameters. For example, your SLA will be 8 hours and 20 minutes if the above example is considered.
- Enter The number of devices with this total processing time field to calculate the device pool size.
- Click Back to return to the previous tab if required.