Scheduling Tasks in Bot Creator or Bot Runner
The Automation Anywhere Scheduler enables Development Clients to schedule automated tasks to run at preferred times, without requiring supervision or intervention.
Users with an Attended Bot Runner license can no longer create, edit, or delete schedules using the Enterprise Client. TaskBots already scheduled by the same user or a different user from the same machine will continue to be executed based on the previously defined schedule.
In addition, the SCHEDULE tab is no longer visible to the users with the Attended Bot Runner license.
It is important to note that Bot Creator - Client users with task creation privileges and Bot Runner - Client users with run time privileges, can only test run the tasks using the 'One Time Only' schedule option. However, the Bot Runner can continue to schedule tasks using various options if using Enterprise edition 10.2.
To run a scheduled task on a Bot Runner, the Control Room Administrator can create a schedule using Tasks Schedule console in Control Room.
A. Bot Creators: Clients with Development privileges can schedule an automated task to run for 'One Time Only' as shown below:
- Select the task that you want to schedule.
Click the Schedule tab.
Select 'One Time Only' option from a drop down.
Set the scheduling information for time and date.
- Click on Save.
Provide your Windows username and password.
B. Bot Runners: Clients with only run-time privileges can schedule tasks using various options with the following frequencies:
- Daily (for example, every day, only weekdays, or every 2 days)
- Weekly (specific days of the week; for example, Mondays)
- Monthly (specific days of the month; for example, January 1 and October 5)
- One Time Only
- When My Computer Starts
- When you log onto the computer
- When the computer is idleNote: If you Shut down and then Start your machine instead of using Restart, it is important that you first disable the fast startup option given in the Power Options settings of Control Panel.For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, follow these steps:
Note: If you have already saved Windows Login Credentials in Login Settings option, then Scheduler will not prompt you to input the credentials again.
- Go to Control Panel → Power Options
- Click Choose what the power button does → Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Disable Turn on fast startup option
Refer the Microsoft website for details.
To ensure the computer is unlocked when a scheduled task runs, see Auto Login.