Enabling version control in Automation Anywhere Control Room
Automation Anywhere Control Room has an integrated version control feature that enables users to manage various versions of files and enforce controlled edits.
Subversion supportSubversion is provided by the Apache Subversion software project. You can configure your own instance of Subversion; however, we recommend VisualSVN Server as the SVN Server for Subversion.
Automation Anywhere supports various versions of SVN. See Version control requirements.
Control the versioning of files that include TaskBots, MetaBots, Docs, Reports, Scripts, Exes and Workflows in Enterprise Client by turning on the version control feature from the Automation Anywhere Control Room.
Enabling version control in Control Room
As a Control Room administrator, you can enable and configure version control for an existing or new server repository. See Bots: Configure version control.
Using version control in Enterprise Client
To perform controlled edits to your files that include TaskBots, MetaBots, Docs, Reports, Scripts, Exes, and Workflows, use versioning to create new files, check out, edit, upload with comments and download from the server repository.
- Create: You can create a new file in the local repository. A plus sign indicates the file is new.
- Edit: You can edit a file only if it has been uploaded and checked out.
- Check Out/Undo Check Out
- Check Out: A file that already exists in the server repository can be checked out for editing. A check mark indicates the file is checked out.
- Undo Check Out: This option is available only when you check out a file. You can use this option in case the file is already checked out.
Upload: Post editing, you can upload a file to the server
repository with comments. No prefixed icon/sign denotes a successful upload.
You can also upload files from a specific folder from the Tasks List/Repository.
- Version History: You can view revisions to a file.
- Compare: You can compare similarities and differences between two existing versions of a file or compare an existing version of a file with the local version.
- Rollback: You can rollback to any existing version of a file.
- Copy and Rename: You can take a copy of a selected file in the local repository if it has not been checked out.
- Delete: You can delete a file from the local repository if it has not been checked out.
You can also perform similar operations using Actions.