Configuring email settings
- Updated: 2020/05/12
Configuring email settings
The Email Settings option enables you to specify configuration for the outgoing mail server that is used to send email notifications about the status of a bot.
If you choose the server type as the Exchange Web Services (EWS) using OAuth authentication, the Tenant ID and Client ID fields are mandatory although the interface displays these fields as optional because they can be skipped for Basic Authentication. The recommended practice is to use OAuth authentication for enhanced security.
Configure online EWS for OAuth authentication
- Send Email command.
- Send email notification when the system encounters an error when the Send Email is selected from the Error Handling command.
- Send email notification regarding the status of a task or a report.
To enable email notifications, you must configure email settings first.
.The Options dialog box appears.
Click Email Settings
Note: You can also access Email Settings from the Notification tab available in the Properties tab on the workbench.
Select an option to specify the Outgoing Mail Server:
Specify details of the email server:
For the SMTP server, specify the following
- Host: Host name of the email server.
- Port: Port that you want to use to connect to the email server.
- My server uses secure connection: Select this option if the email account uses secured connection.
- My server requires authentication: Select this option if the mail server requires authentication, and provide the Username and Password.
For EWS server, specify the following details:
- Domain Name: Domain name of the EWS server.
- User Name: User name you want to use to connect to the email server.
- Password: Password you want to use to connect to the email server.
- Client ID and Tenant ID: Enter the unique client and tenant IDs generated when you registered the application in the Microsoft Azure portal. These fields are required for OAuth.
- Exchange Version: Select an option from the list to specify the version of the EWS server you want to use.
Exchange Url: Specify the
URL of the EWS server.
You can click the Fetch option to populate the Exchange Url field based on the values you have provided in the User Name and Password fields.
- For the SMTP server, specify the following details:
Select the Include Go Green message at the end of the email option if you
want to include the go green message at the end of an email.
Click Email Notification to set notification content.
Enter a "From" and "To" email address as well as one or more email addresses to be notified. Also include a subject line and main body content for the email.Tip: Always try to include the Task Bot/ MetaBot Logic name with the variable <taskname> / <logicname>.