- Updated: 2020/04/17
Use the SNMP command to automate network management.
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is used to locate the network management component on one or more computers and the managed component on multiple network devices.
The Automation Anywhere SNMP command offers powerful network management. Using this command users can easily monitor network devices configured with SNMP agent software. Network devices such as servers, workstations, printers, routers, bridges, and hubs, as well as services such as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) can be monitored.
- Retrieves data from an SNMP agent and assigns the return value to a variable.
- Get Next
- Browses entire hierarchy of management objects and assigns the return value to a variable.
- Modifies data on an SNMP agent.
- Specify Value Type and Set Value.
- Retrieves a sub-tree of management values using SNMP Get Next requests.
- Specify Walk Type:
- Within: All variables in the sub-tree below the given OID are queried.
- All: Displays the variables that are equal to the specified OID for the given tree type structure.
- Send Trap
- Sends trap messages to the SNMP Manager from an SNMP Agent. These messages are sent by an SNMP Agent whenever certain events occur, such as a system restart.
- Specify Trap Type:
- Cold Start: Occurs when the SNMP agent initializes its configuration tables.
- Warm Start: Occurs when the SNMP agent re-initializes its configuration tables.
- Link Down: Occurs when the state of a network adapter on the SNMP agent changes from up to down.
- Link Up: Occurs when the state of a network adapter on SNMP agent changes from down to up.
- Authentication Fail: Occurs when the SNMP agent receives a message from an SNMP manager with an invalid community name.
- EGP Neighbour Loss: Occurs when the SNMP agent cannot communicate with its Exterior Gateway Protocol (EGP) peer.
- Enterprise Specific: Occurs when specific error conditions and error codes are defined in the system. The user must provide a Trap Specific Number for this option.