Manage Window Controls command
Use this command to capture Windows control properties for buttons, menu, tabs, tables, and boxes. Perform actions or assign the captured properties to variables. Also, simultaneously record actions that you perform.
- Control Properties
- The controls that are captured are displayed under Control Properties, which show
the Control Type, Name, Value and its Location (coordinates).
Automation Anywhere can perform actions that use only standard Windows controls. If your application contains customized controls, Automation Anywhere might not be able to capture them.
- This command supports the following capture controls:
- Enable Capture a control... and select one of the controls below from the drop-down list. This option helps to avoid errors that occur when clicking on certain controls that possess different attributes.
- Check box - Set Check Box Status, Get Check Box Status
- Command Button - Click, Get Text
- Drop Down - Get Total Items, Get Selected Index, Get Selected Item, Select Item by Index, Select Item by Text
Get Text - Click on link, Get Name of All Children, Get Value of All Children, Get Value Text, Get Name Text
- List Item/List Box - Get Total Items, Get Selected Index, Get Selected Item, Select Item by Index, Select Item by Text
- Menu/Menu Bar/Menu Item - Get Total Items, Get Text by Index, Get Index by Text, Click Item By Index, Click Item by Text
- Radio Button - Get Radio Button Status, Select Radio Button
- tab/tab Item - Get Total Items, Get Selected Index, Get Selected Item, Select tab By Index, Select tab by Text
- Table - Exports To CSV, Get Cell By Index, Get Cell By Text, Total Row, Total Column, Set Cell By Index, Set Cell By Text
Text Box - Get Text, Set Text, Append Text, Click On Link
- Tree/Tree Item - Get Total Items, Get Selected Index, Get Selected Item, Select Item By Index, Select Item by Text
- The following actions are available for all controls:
- Get Name Text
- Get Value Text
- Click on Link
- Get Name of All Children
- Get Value of All Children
- Left mouse click
- Right mouse click
Capturing Web Controls
To capture web controls, be sure to use the Manage Web Controls sub-command in Web Recorder Command, as opposed to the Manage Windows Controls command. Internet Explorer controls are recognized by the Manage Web Controls command.
- When Secure Recording Mode is enabled:
- No values are captured.