Team management is an essential function of AARI in the web interface. The basis of request and process assignment is dependent on the team setup.
The team configurable in AARI helps business managers to define the following aspects:
- How a request can be created
- How a request is visible to the other users
- Who can read, update, or delete requests
A team contains users with specific team roles—admin, owner, and member. The admin has the ability to modify their team. By default, the AARI manager is the admin of their team. They can create new teams, manage existing teams, assign team roles (admin, owner, member) to members, and add members to their team. As an admin, an AARI manager can add other admins to their teams. A team can have more than one admin but must have at least one admin. To access a process and create new requests, the AARI manager must request the AARI admin to assign the AARI manager's team to a process.
Each team is configured to a team type (shared or private) and depending on that type, requests that can be viewed and accessed by members of that team might change.
- Shared: All the requests can be viewed by admins, owners, and members of that team.
- Private: Requests can be viewed only by the users creating those requests and the owner and admin of the team.
The team roles are based on the Control Room role assigned to the user. Each team role has a subset of permissions and actions that can be performed by that role. These sets of permissions vary between the shared and private team types.