Upgrade IQ Bot Version 6.5 or earlier to IQ Bot Version 11.3.4
Find out how to upgrade your system from IQ Bot Version 6.5.x and earlier to Version 11.3.4.
- If your SQL machine version is older than SQL Server Native Client 2012, a dialog box appears, giving you the option to upgrade. Open services.msc and stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER). Then complete the installation process.
- During the upgrade, the installer detects if you have existing learning instances from a prior version of IQ Bot. Select that prior version of IQ Bot from a drop-down list to keep the classifier version for the existing learning instances. From the drop-down list the option Version 2 (IQ Bot 5.3.1 / 6.5 Beta) refers to IQ Bot 5.3.1 / 6.5 Beta / 6.5 .
- For any new learning instances created after installation, the classifier version of IQ Bot Version 5.3.1/Version 6.5.x is used.
- If upgrading from IQ Bot Version 5.3.1.x and you have learning instance that rely on 5.3.1.x check box or linked table functionality, clear the validation queue before upgrading to IQ Bot Version 6.5.x.
- When upgrading to IQ Bot Version 11.3.4.x, all group information gets stored in a new table ContentClassification, and all data gets automatically upgraded/transferred to this table during the installation process.
- If you have customized the settings or configurations of certain files in the database, then you must create a backup of these files before upgrading to another version of IQ Bot.
If you configure IQ Bot with a load balancer, ensure you are logged onto the Automation Anywhere cognitive projects service as an administrator to enable access to all nodes for migration utility.
- Refer to IQ Bot hardware and software requirements before you begin with the upgrade process.
Open all required ports. See IQ Bot prerequisite steps.
Note: Additionally, open ports 4369 and 25672, and add inbound firewall rules to allow traffic to these ports.
- Backup the IQ Bot database on the target server where installation is to be done. (This does not apply to fresh installs).
- Download Automation_Anywhere_IQ_Bot_11.3.4.zip from Customer portal into target machine.
- Unzip Automation_Anywhere_IQ_Bot_11.3.4.zip into Automation_Anywhere_IQ_Bot_11.3.4 folder.
Uninstall your current IQ Bot version. Refer to the note below
on how to uninstall IQ Bot. (This does not apply to fresh
Note: See Uninstalling IQ Bot.
Check that the correct versions of Control Room andEnterprise Client, that are being installed are compatible per the
compatibility matrix. See IQ Bot version compatibility matrix.
Important: If you are upgrading from IQ Bot 5.x, run the Cleanup_Components.bat before installing the latest Control Room and IQ Bot versions.
- Open Automation_Anywhere_IQ_Bot_11.3.4 folder and execute Cleanup_Components.bat file. The .bat file will uninstall , Erlang relevant IQ Bot Python files, and remove necessary registry entries. No other Python versions will be affected.
- Restart your machine.
- Open Automation_Anywhere_IQ_Bot_11.3.4 folder and execute Cleanup_Components.BAT file again. This removes any empty folders from RabbitMQ, Erlang, and Python from the system.
- Open Automation_Anywhere_IQ_Bot_11.3.4 folder and launch Automation_Anywhere_IQ_Bot_11.3.4.exe.
Next, install IQ Bot
Version 11.3.3 as per your requirement:
Attention: If the installation fails due to a migration issue (despite the installation checklist), contact support.
- Installing IQ Bot in Express mode
- Installing IQ Bot in Custom mode
- Installing IQ Bot in Cluster mode
Change the load balancer port from 8100 to 3000. The default port number is
selected from the previous screen.
If you have installed an external load balancer, change the port number.
Complete the installation by retaining the rest of the settings, as they get
auto populated during installation.
Your upgrade is now complete.