Upload documents to a learning instance in Document Automation
Build a bot to upload documents to a specific learning instance for processing and extraction.
Ensure you have the name of the destination learning instance.
Navigate to Create a bot.
and click Ensure you do not place the bot in the IQ Bot Processes folder.
Provide a name for the bot, such as
Create the following variables: Creazione di una variabile
Variable name Description Data type Value
Increments with each loop iteration to count the number of files uploaded for processing. Number 0
Number of Bot Runner devices connected to the Control Room Number Enter the number of connected Bot Runner devices
Scheduling interval in minutes Number Enter the interval for which you will schedule this bot to run when you deploy it
Average number of pages per document Enter the approximate average number of pages in the documents
Holds file name and extension Dictionary --
File path to the folder containing documents awaiting upload to IQ Bot String Enter the file path
File path to the folder containing the extracted data and invalid or failed documents String Enter the file path where you want the IQ Bot output
Insert a Loop
action to iterate through all the documents in a specific file
- Double-click or drag the Loop action.
- Select the For each file in folder iterator.
SourcePathvariable into the Folder path field.
FilesInFoldervariable into the Assign file name and extension to this variable field.
Insert an If
action to compare the number of documents uploaded for processing
to the number of Bot Runner devices multiplied by a scheduling
interval and divided by the average number of pages.
Nota: You must include this equation to limit the number of files uploaded for processing at one time to ensure that the Bot Runners are able to process the documents.
- Drag the If action into the Loop container.
- Select the Number condition.
File_Countvariable into the Source value field.
- Select the Less than operator.
Enter the following into the Target value field:
Insert If: Else and Loop: Break
actions to end the loop if the condition is not met:
- Drag the If: Else action beside the If action in the Loop container.
- Drag the Loop: Break action into the If: Else container.
Insert an error handling mechanism to log any possible errors:
- Drag the Error handler: Try action into the If container.
- Drag the Error handler: Catch action beside the Error handler: Try action.
- Drag a Log to file action below the Error handler: Catch action.
- Provide the file name and path where to log the errors.
Enter the text to log if an error occurs, such as
- Select the Append timestamp option.
- Drag a Delay action below the Log to file action.
- Set a delay of 10 seconds.
Configure actions to upload documents to the process associated
with a specific learning instance.
- Drag the AARI Web: Create a request action below