Create a learning instance in Document Automation
Begin processing documents by creating a learning instance. In this version of IQ Bot, you can extract data from invoices or receipts.
- To create a learning instance, you must be a
Learning instance creatoruser. See Document Automation users.
- To create a learning instance that uses Google Document AI to process
invoices or receipts, you must create a credential and locker to hold your
security token. See Crea credenziali and Creare un armadietto.Nota: When configuring the locker, you must add the
aari-document-processorcustom role as a locker consumer.
- From the Control Room home page, navigate to .
Enter a name and description for the learning instance.
IQ Bot does not allow duplicate learning instance names, so the name you provide must be unique.
- Select the document type: Invoice or Receipt
Select the language.
Document Automation supports English, Dutch, French, German, and Spanish.
If you selected Invoice: Select the provider.
If you selected the English language in step 4, Automation Anywhere is auto-selected.
- Click Next.
We recommend that you open a sample document side by side with the Control Room window as you configure the form and table fields.
Review the form and table fields for extraction.
IQ Bot offers a standard set of form and table fields, many of which are not initially visible. To see the full list of fields, click Show unused fields at the top right.
Mouse over the menu icon to the right of a field to access the up/down arrows. Use the arrows to rearrange the order of the fields for a more efficient manual validation. The order of the fields does not impact extraction.Click a field to open the fields editor. You can edit most attributes of a field. You cannot edit the name and default aliases. IQ Bot assigns default aliases, which are hardcoded keywords, to standard fields to help with extraction. You cannot modify or delete default aliases, but you can add aliases in the Custom aliases field.To learn more about the other field attributes, review the table in the next step.
- A form field is a type of field that occurs only once in a document.
- A table field is a type of field that reoccurs throughout a document, typically in the form of a table.
To add a field, click Add a field and complete the
Option Description Field name Enter a field name that begins with an alphabetical character (A-Z or a-z).
In standard fields, the field name is hardcoded and cannot be changed.
Field label Enter a user-friendly name to help validators.
For example, you can rename Organization tax number to a localized name, such as VAT number.
The field label does not affect extraction.
Confidence Set a threshold to reduce potential false positives.
At the time of processing, the IQ Bot engine assigns a score to each field in a document to indicate the certainty that the data was correctly extracted. If the document contains fields with a score that is lower than the confidence threshold, the document is sent to the validation queue.
If you enter a high confidence threshold, more documents will be sent to the validation queue. If you enter a low confidence threshold, fewer documents will be sent to the validation queue.
Supports values from zero to 100.
Data type Choose from Text, Number, and Date
If the data in the field does not match the data type, the document is sent to the validation queue.IQ Bot supports variations of the date format.
Required Select one of the following:
- Required: Field cannot be empty.
- Optional: Field can be empty or not exist in the document.
Default aliases No action is necessary for this field. IQ Bot assigns default aliases, which are hardcoded keywords, to standard fields to help with extraction. Custom aliases Additional keywords to help IQ Bot locate the field. For example, add country or region-specific names for fields such as VAT number as an alias to an Organization tax number custom field.Nota: Custom aliases must be unique. They cannot duplicate the default alias of another field. Exception: Form fields can have duplicate custom aliases as the table fields and vice versa. Validation rules Depending on data type, create rules using patterns, formulas, lists, and statements such as starts or ends with.
- Click Create.
- Process: Manages the process using if/else scenarios through which IQ Bot extracts data from uploaded documents, assigns documents to users for validation, and downloads the extracted data.
- Extraction bot: Extracts data from defined fields in the uploaded documents.
- Download bot: Downloads the extracted data to a specific folder on the device or shared network.
- Form: Defines the input parameters that are sent to the process and IQ Bot. Input parameters include the learning instance name, uploaded file, and output file path.
Upload documents to the learning instance, fix validation errors, and verify the extracted data: Process documents in Document Automation