Licenses and cloud services
The Licenses and Cloud Services portal enables you to manage licenses, Cloud Control Room instances, and cloud RPA services linked to your account. As an Automation Anywhere customer or partner, and an RPA, Control Room, or IT administrator, you need to manage your entire IT asset framework efficiently to realize the value of your investments.
The main functionalities provided by the portal are license management and cloud services management for customers and partners.
Customers can perform the following tasks through this portal:
- Provision and manage their cloud services.
- Get details about the license globally unique identifiers (GUIDs) served from the license cloud.
- Configure and download their license files (where applicable).
Partners can perform the following tasks through this portal:
- Provision and manage their cloud services and their customers' cloud services.
- Get details about their own and their customers' cloud license GUIDs served from the license cloud.
- Configure and download license files for themselves and their customers.
To efficiently use and manage their environments, IT and RPA administrators require visibility into license entitlements and a real-time view of available and used licenses. Also, these administrators require visibility into the different cloud services and service instances purchased to efficiently manage the RPA requirements of their organizations. The portal helps these users gather this data and view and manage licenses and cloud services.
Accessing the portal
You can access the cloud services and license management portal on the A-People site. You must have an account on A-People, and you must be assigned as a designated portal user as part of the sales process.
- Log in to A-People using your login credentials: A-People home page (login required).
- Click the License and Cloud Services
Alternatively, navigate directly to this page by clicking the link provided in the welcome email.
You can manage the following types of product licenses through the Licenses and Cloud Services portal:
- Cloud licenses
- Software license entitlements that are distributed and governed by the Automation Anywhere cloud license server. The Control Room connects to the Automation Anywhere cloud license server and obtains license entitlements based on the license key that is installed on the Control Room.
- The license key is in the form of a GUID and is made available on the portal. Automation 360 Cloud and On-Premises Control Room instances that have access to the cloud license server can use the cloud licenses.
- File licenses
- File licenses are mainly used for Automation Anywhere Enterprise 11 and Enterprise 10 versions and for some Automation 360 On-Premises Control Room deployments. One license file per Control Room can be generated from the portal and manually installed on the Control Room.
Customers and partners can perform the following tasks related to licenses:
- View all the license entitlements and get details of purchased and available licenses and subscription terms (license start and end dates).
- Configure and download the license files as needed.
- View all the license entitlements and get details of GUIDs for cloud licenses.
- As a partner, you can view and manage license entitlements for your company as well as for your end customers.
Cloud services management
The Licenses and Cloud Services portal enables you to manage the following types of Cloud Control Room services:
- Pure Cloud Control Room
- Pure Cloud Sandbox Control Room
- Cloud-enabled Control Room
- Cloud-enabled Sandbox Control Room
Pure Cloud Control Room and Pure Cloud Sandbox Control Room instances have to be explicitly provisioned by the Customer License User (CLU) on demand when the customer is ready for consuming the cloud service.
Cloud-enabled Control Room and Cloud-enabled Sandbox Control Room instances are automatically provisioned by the Licenses and Cloud Services portal, providing the CLU user with a token required to install the Cloud-enabled Control Room on their infrastructure.
Customers and partners can perform the following tasks related to cloud services:
- View an inventory of all the Cloud Control Room subscribed services, with a visual display of configuration parameters associated with the cloud service.
- Perform on-demand provisioning of cloud services, such as Cloud Control Room and IQ Bot. This helps in real-time provisioning of your services.
- Access and manage ordered Control Room services.