Using Get text action
Extract content from a text file and save that content to a string variable by using the Get text action.
To extract text from a text file, perform the following steps:
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Get text action from the Text file package.
In the Source file field, select an option to specify
the location of the text file:
- Control Room file to open a file from the Control Room.
- Desktop file to open a file from the device. This field also accepts the file path input as a string variable or global value.
- Variable to open a file by specifying a file variable.
In the Text encoding field, select an encoding to
specify the encoding that is applied on the text file. Data from the text file
will be retrieved based on the selected encoding option even if the input file
has a different encoding.
- UTF8 with BOM
- Detect automatically: identifies file encoding. This option supports UTF-8 with BOM, ANSI, UTF-16LE, and UTF-16BE file encoding.
- Select the Trim leading spaces and Trim trailing spaces check boxes to remove the leading and trailing spaces from the data extracted from the text file.
- In Save the outcome to variable field, select a string variable to hold the output.