Using the Open action for Excel basic
Use the Open action to open a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with .xlsx extension. This action enables you to specify whether to open the spreadsheet in read-only mode or read-write mode, a password to open the spreadsheet, and so on.
To open a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, do the following:
- Double-click or drag the Open action from the Excel basic package in the Actions palette.
Select from where you want to open the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet:
Nota: The Excel basic package supports files that are a maximum size of 30 MB.
- Control Room file: Enables you to open a file from the Control Room.
- Desktop file: Enables you to open a file from the device. This field also accepts the file path input as a string variable or global value.
- Variable: Enables you to open a file by specifying a file variable.
- Select the Sheet contains a header check box if the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet contains a header row.
- Select the Specific sheet name option and specify the name of the sheet to activate when the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet opens.
- Select Read-only mode or Read-write mode to open the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet in read-only or edit mode respectively.
- Select the Password is required check box if a password is required to open or edit the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Enter the name of the session in the Session name field.