- Updated: 2020/07/20
You can rename an existing MetaBots.
To rename a MetaBot, follow these steps:
- In the 'My MetaBots' List that is available in the Automate tab of the Client, select (highlight) the MetaBot you want to rename.
- Rename the MetaBot using one of the following methods:
- In the File menu, select Rename.
- In the Actions button, select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Right click the MetaBot and select Rename. Tip: Ensure the MetaBot is closed in MetaBot Designer. Also, note that if the corresponding MetaBot is the only MetaBot that is opened in the MetaBot Designer while renaming, you need to exit from MetaBot Designer.
In the Rename File window, specify a name for the MetaBot.
- Click Save.
The renamed MetaBot is displayed in the My MetaBots List view.
Renaming Existing MetaBots
You can rename a MetaBot which is present only in your local machine and is not yet uploaded to Control Room. If the MetaBot is present in Control Room, system does not allow you to rename the MetaBot since it might be used in other TaskBots and renaming it may impact those TaskBots.
When you attempt to rename a MetaBot in the Client that already exists in the Control Room, the system displays an error message.
MetaBots that are renamed from a file system cannot be uploaded again to the Control Room repository. If you attempt to upload such a MetaBot from the Client, the system displays an error message.
When you upload the renamed MetaBot(s) from the Repository, following messages appear:
For a MetaBot:
For multiple MetaBots:
You will have to revert to its original name in order to upload it.
Renaming MetaBots if Version Control is enabled
You can rename a MetaBot in the local repository only. If you rename a MetaBot and upload to the repository, the existing MetaBot in the repository is overwritten and the version history is lost.
If the file is checked out for edit, the system displays a message that you cannot rename the MetaBot because it is available in the Control Room and might impact Task Bots.
If you try to upload a MetaBot that was renamed from a file system, the system displays that the version history of the MetaBot will be lost and it will be detached from the file system.