Use this command to add conditional logic and actions.
The IF/ELSE command performs actions when certain conditions exist. Most of the conditional operations enable users to specify how long to wait for the condition to become true before taking another action.
The IF/Else command offers the following conditions:
- Application Running / Application Not Running
- Performs an action based on whether an application is running / not running. This condition applies if the application is running in the background.
- File Date
- Checks the date and time that a file was created or modified. Specify a time range with the hh:mm:ss format. Specify a date range using between or before keywords, using the MM/DD/YY format.
- File Exists / File Does Not Exist
- Performs an action based on whether a file exists / does not exist.
- File Size
- Performs an action based on the file size (greater than, smaller than, or equal to).
- Folder Exists / Folder Does Not Exist
- Performs an action based on whether a folder exists / does not exist.
- Image Recognition
- Verifies whether an image exists within another image. A minimum match percentage and comparison mode (Normal, Advanced, Grey-scale, Monochrome) can be specified. This conditional operation can be repeated, using the Repeat if image not found checkbox.
- Object Properties
- Identifies and measures the properties of an object, such as type, size, position, item name, and item value.
Note: When capturing an object, click Capture without releasing and drag the arrow to the object.
- Ping Successful / Ping Unsuccessful
- Performs an action based on whether a machine or server is running or not.
- Script Successful / Script Unsuccessful
- Performs an action based on whether a script ran successfully or not. Use this condition to integrate third-party scripts with TaskBot / MetaBot Logic.
- Service Running / Service Not Running
- Performs an action based on whether a particular service is running.
- Task Successful / Unsuccessful
- Performs an action based on whether a task ran successfully or not. Use this condition to run several TaskBot / MetaBot Logics, ensuring that each task runs only if the previous was successful.
Note: To avoid task failure when the task is deployed from Control Room, use the variable $AAApplicationPath$, instead of a user-defined variable. If any other variable is used in the Select Task File field, a popup message will ask the user to confirm use of the local / invalid variable.
- Adds system variables and operators to Logic.
- To include the AND or OR conditions in conjunction with the Variable condition, select the Add more conditions option.
- Enable the Match Any option for OR conditions or Match All for AND conditions.
- Note: A single parameter cannot contain both Match Any and Match All.
- Web Control
- Identifies if a specific web control exists on a Web page, such as links, text boxes, and drop-down menus.
Note: This command is used when editing TaskBot / MetaBot Logics that are created using the Web Recorder.
- Windows Control
- Verifies whether a specific control exists in an active window, such as command buttons, list box items, text boxes, or menu tabs.
- Window Exists / Window Does Not Exist
- Performs an action based on whether a window exists / does not exist. Can be used
for the following:
- Check or verify that a specific application is open.
- Check whether an error has occurred.
- Check whether a file download has completed.
- When Secure Recording Mode is enabled:
- Images are not captured.