Create and assign API key generation role
An administrator is able to create a custom role for API key generation and assign that custom role to users. By default this parameter is not enabled for any of the System-created roles.
- Log in as an administrator to the Control Room.
- Go to .
- Click Create role . . ..
- Scroll to the API section.
- Select Generate API-Key.
- Type a unique name in the Role name field.
- Click Create role.
- Go to , and assign the custom role you just created to non-admin users.
- Log in as the user you assigned the Generate API-Key role to.
- Under the user name, click Generate API-Key, and copy the API-Key to your clipboard.
Use the API-Key to log into an Control Room using SSO, or use the API-Key to log in a user without the user's password.