FAQs for IQ Bot Trials
This topic answers frequently asked questions about the IQ Bot Trials
IQ Bot is a purpose-built cognitive automation that you can train to automate business processes to work faster and efficiently, and simultaneously eliminating human error.
Use IQ Bot, and Automation Anywhere in conjunction to automate your business processes that rely on semi-structured or unstructured data hidden in electronic documents, images, emails, and other such areas. IQ Bot leverages computer vision and multiple AI techniques to intelligently digitize and extract data to make your Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Optical Character recognition (OCR) technology even more effective. Using this approach IQ Bot can adapt its data extraction from specific domains or document types, and quickly learn from the environment to improve the results. For the trial version, we've made five domains available for use such as: Invoices, Purchase Orders, Bank Statement, Pay Stubs, and Electricity Bills. IQ Bot uses the OCR technology to extract information from a document. The OCR tools measure results based on accuracy, and IQ Bot uses the Straight Through Processing (STP) technique to measure how many documents can be processed end-to-end without human intervention.
- How does IQ Bot work?
IQ Bot leverages computer vision and multiple AI techniques to intelligently digitize and extract data to make your RPA more effective. IQ Bot uses OCR as one of the underlying technologies used to extract information from a document. This approach allows IQ Bot to adapt the data extraction from specific domains and document types, and quickly learn from the environment to improve results.
- What is a Learning Instance?
You would create a Learning Instance for a specific use case that an IQ Bot can learn from. It is domain-specific and has the capability to learn from documents classified and processed by it, and validation corrections performed by humans. This learning is translated to tangible benefits such as: improved STP (Straight Through Processing) and Accuracy figures for the Instance over a period.
- What's the difference between bots and Learning Instance?
A Learning Instance consists of training for the business process around a specific document type.
Bots contain training files that were classified by IQ Bot in different groups based on content.
You can activate or deactivate a bot in a learning instance to improve its training; as the learning instances process documents that match the active bots as others remain in a queue, until that group is trained.
- What is the accuracy rate of IQ Bots?
The most primary metric for IQ Bot is straight through processing, or STP. It is dependent on the accuracy of field capture. Field accuracy impacts STP directly.
If a customer captures one to two fields across a Grade A quality document, an accuracy of 86% is achieved. A customer who captures 11 differentially weighted fields across highly varying document quality would see lower accuracy.
- How does the dashboard help?
The dashboard displays all production information and results that helps us identify how we could improve the training .Note: The production information is not available for the trial version.
- What is percent (%) training?
The percent (%) training helps us estimate the STP that is calculated based on the number of bots trained and active.
Using IQ Bot trial
- What are the limitations of the trial version?
Flow Limitations: You can use IQ Bot for training only, as production mode and batch processing is not available.
Processing Limitations: The user can create up to five learning instances and upload to a limit of 10 documents for each learning instance. Each document is limited to a single page only.
- I have trained the learning instance, yet cannot see the output.
For each trained group, you can selectto see the output.
- I cannot edit a group as the 'Edit bot' link is disabled.
The Edit Bot link appears disabled when the group is in production or when it is in training in another tab.
Go to the Bots tab and send that bot back to staging.
- I have completed processing and want to process files in batch mode. How can I
IQ Bot can process files in batch mode when connected to RPA. This feature is not available in the trial version.
- I want to add a new domain that is available in the Bot Store.
Importing domains is not available for the trial version.
- I cannot see the results on the dashboard.
The dashboard displays information of processed files that are in production. This option is not available in the trial version.
- What is the prerequisite step to creating a Learning Instance in IQ
Before you start creating a new learning instance, you must know what information you want to extract from the documents you would be processing.
It is best practice is to have some sample documents, which you can use as reference to decide on the items you want to extract. Use them as the first set of documents to train against the new learning instance.
- How would I perform validation in the trial?
Validation is available for production processes only. In the trial version, you can validate using Preview.
- How many simultaneous documents can be loaded into IQ Bot?
In the trial version, IQ Bot accepts up to a limit of 10 documents for each learning instance. The full license would support millions of documents per year that can be uploaded in a queue.
- What is the license requirement for IQ Bots?
You require Automation Anywhere Enterprise with an activated IQ Bot feature. This license is installed from the Control Room.
- How many tables can I configure to extract in a Bot?
You can configure unlimited number of tables for extraction.
- Can I test a document different than that used for training?
Yes, you can. Use the Preview option to navigate to other documents to verify if training was effective.
- Does IQ Bot learn from user inputs?
IQ Bot learns from the user inputs over time.
For example: If a date is extracted often with an extra character such as spaces and dots between numbers, and the user corrects it a dozen times, IQ Bot would automatically correct the error when it encounters a similar problem the next time.
- How does IQ Bot differ from OCR solutions?
OCR is one of the underlying technologies in IQ Bot and is used only as a first step. IQ Bot is designed for business users, so anyone can start training an IQ Bot after a 3-hour training. The setup costs are 10x lower.
Automation Anywhere is the only vendor that combines the best of RPA solution with cognitive automation to significantly reduce the cost and complexity in automating document-centric processes.
- How many templates do I have to train the IQ Bots on before it is ready for
The training requirement has been kept to a minimum, and in most cases, you should be able to get the desired value in just one pass.
- What are supported file types for IQ Bot?The following are supported file types:
- PDF (Vector PDF, Raster PDF or Hybrid PDF)
- TIF or TIFF
- JPG or JPEG
- Does IQ Bot support handwritten documents?
No, not yet. Processing handwritten document to achieve high STP is a challenge. It is part of our roadmap.
- Does IQ Bot support tabular data extraction?
Yes, it does. IQ Bot has advanced table extraction features to support complex use cases such as: Explanation of Benefits.
- What are supported languages for IQ Bots?IQ Bot supports the following languages out of box:
- Additionally, it also supports over 25+ languages including all Latin scripts.
- Does IQ Bot support documents other than invoices?
Yes, IQ Bot supports a variety of domains, and you can quite easily add new domains as well.The following domains are available in the trial version:
Note: You can select the desired domain when you create a Learning Instance.
- Purchase orders
- Bank statements
- Pay stubs
- Electricity bills
- Does IQ Bot support documents with multiple color text?
Yes, however this is true for darker shades of color only.
- Can I remove the default (pre-loaded) sample document for training and replace
it with another from the group in a Bot?
Yes. If the default training document on the Train tab reflects all documents in that group, you can remove that document from the Train tab and upload a different one from the same group, and train it.
- Can I stop document analysis or processing in between?
No, you cannot stop a document analysis or processing mid-way.
- What is the maximum number of Bots I can create? What is the maximum number of
IQ Bots that can simultaneously exist in the system at once?
There is no limit to the number of IQ Bots you can create or that can exist simultaneously in the system at a time.
- Is there a restriction to the number of characters for naming a Learning
You cannot exceed 50 characters when naming a Learning Instance.
- What is the average time to process a single page document? Is the time
dependent on the complexity of the page?There is no fixed time for processing a single page document as this depends on the following factors:
- CPU strength and availability
- Available free RAM
- Page clarity OR noise level
- Data on page
- Can I process MS Excel invoices using IQ Bot?
If the invoices have a standard format, they can be processed using RPA tasks. In case the Excel formats vary, they must be converted to PDFs, so they can be processed in IQ Bot.